Sunday, 8 January 2012

Swiss roll, apparently.

Okay, so this weekend's bake was a Swiss Roll. I followed the recipe exactly, and it still didn't look anything like the one in the picture! It tasted fine! But, it looked kind of awful. It didn't roll very well.. AT ALL.
  But, I have a couple of ideas of what happened to it. We had a family friend round at the same time I was baking it, a friend who insisted she joined in with my baking. She told me to put all of my mixture in the pan, and I told her "No, because my pan is smaller than the recipe says.". She didn't listen. She put the rest in, therefore, the cake was too large to roll. Thank you very much.
  I would post a picture, but you would be truly horrified. 
  Anyway, next week's bake, should be a cappuccino cake! It's for someone's birthday, so I sort of have to get this right!
  1 recipe down, 51 to go...
Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment